Festivals and other celebrations are incomplete without sweets. Sweets play a vital role in our lives. Moreover, after every meal, we crave for sweets.
Most of the Indian sweets are made up of milk and ghee. No Indian festival is complete
without their essence. In this article, we are presenting our recipe for milk cake. Milk Cake is a delicious and traditional Indian sweet that can be prepared at home with some basic
ingredients comprising of sugar, ghee and milk. Be it summer or winter, milk cake is never easy to resist. So it can be served at any time of the year!
- Half tsp Lemon juice
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 tsp Ghee
- 2 Litre milk
- Half tsp Elaichi powder(cardamom powder)
- Pistachios, almonds or other nuts (finely cut).
- Transfer the milk in a pan. Bring it to boil while stirring the milk at high flame. Continue boiling until its quantity is reduced to half.
- Now, add lemon juice to the milk and boil it for some more minutes, ensuring you don’t burn it.
- Now, you will see that milk becomes more concentrated.
- Now, add sugar gradually while stirring the milk. Make sure you don’t add all sugar at once. Just keep adding bit by bit.
- You will notice that milk becomes slightly brown.
- Add some ghee and keep cooking for 2-3 minutes until the mixture becomes brown in colour.
- Add Elaichi powder and mix thoroughly.
- Garnish it with finely chopped pistachios and almonds.
- Now, transfer the contents into a greased mould by spreading it uniformly.
- Keep the mould covered with a thick cloth for 2-3 hours.
- Now, your creamy milk cake is ready to serve. Cut it into pieces and enjoy!